Principles of Perioperative Nursing – Operating Theatre
This course is delivered fully online but nurses must be working in a perioperative or ICU environment. Students must also have a minimum of six months post registration experience as a perioperative nurse.
GCOT700 Registered Nurse (level 7)
Enrolled Nurse (Level 5)
Enrolment Date: from 1 Jan 2019
Course date: 19th August 2019 – 25th November 2019
Two Step Process to Register
On successful completion of this course, within the context of operating theatre nursing practice, the nurse will be able to:
analyseand evaluate the role of the nurse in the management of patient care.
- apply knowledge of normal physiology and the pathophysiological processes that impact on the patient undergoing surgery.
coreprinciples of nursing practice related to patient safety. practisesafely with specialty equipment and/or undertaking procedures.
- critically evaluate
- Role of the Registered Nurse in the operating theatre
- Physiological response to surgery
- Pathophysiological considerations in
relationshipto the morbidly obese
- Patients with cancer, multiple trauma patients, children, older adults
- Safety in the perioperative environment
- Caring for the patient undergoing surgery
- Relating theoretical knowledge to the clinical practice setting
Other available courses:
GCOT700 -Principles of Perioperative Nursing – Operating Theatre
GCPN700 - Core Concepts in Perianaesthesia Nursing
GCAR700 - Principles of Perioperative Nursing - Post Anaesthetic Care
© Mobile Health 2019